If you've never used a sewing machine and want to learn, this is the class for you!
The session will cover:
- which tools are needed for basic sewing
- how to thread your machine and wind a bobbin
- types of fabrics and needles, and how to use them appropriately
- different stitches and what they are used for
- tension and why it's important
- how to follow a basic pattern, sew an accurate seam allowance, and finish a stitching line
- how to clean and maintain your machine
- troubleshooting common problems
The project for this class will be a small drawstring bag. All supplies for this class qualify for a 15% discount at Monkland Quilt Studio.
Experience required for this class: None!
Have questions? We are here to help! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Supplies needed for this class:
- sewing machine in good working order
- Universal sewing machine needles
- measuring tape or acrylic quilting ruler
- fabric scissors or rotary cutter (mat needed if using a rotary cutter)
- fabric: 2 complimentary fabrics, 18"x 22" each
Before enrolment, click here to read our class policies.
Instructors for this class:
Beatrice is the owner of Atelier Genest, a small sewing studio in Montreal, where she offers custom tailoring and home decor sewing, as well as private classes. Beatrice is a highly experienced teacher, and loves to give beginner sewists the tools they need to start their own creative journey. Beatrice offers classes in English.