This is our basic beginner class, where you will make a 48x57" quilt using the Yellow Brick Road pattern from Atkinson Design (you will be required to purchase this pattern from Monkland Quilt Studio). It's a fantastic starter quilt, as it works well with a variety of fabrics and prints, and will build your confidence in piecing simple blocks.
You will recieve 9 hours of instruction over 3 sessions. Be prepared for some homework!
Next session: April 25, May 2 & May 9, 6 to 9 pm
Participants in this class will recieve 15% off all supplies on the list of required items. After payment, you will be emailed instructions for preparing for this class.
In this class, you will learn:
- How to follow a quilt pattern
- How to strip-piece
- How to assemble a quilt block using a diagram
- How to assemble a quilt top using a diagram
- How to measure accurately for borders and attach them to your quilt top
- How to manipulate a larger quilt for machine quilting
Experience required for this class:
- you can operate your sewing machine and troubleshoot problems
- you can sew a consistent 1/4" seam
- you can use a rotary cutter, ruler, and mat to cut fabrics accurately
- you can press seams accurately
- you can layer, baste, and mark a quilt
- you can make and attach binding
Click here to read the MQS Class Policies