In this final class of our Beginner Series, you will finish with all the skills to make this stunning sampler quilt, measuring 54x67". We will be working on HSTs, and how to
You will recieve 9 hours of instruction over 3 sessions. Be prepared for some homework! You will finish this class having made 1/2 of the quilt centre (6 blocks + sashing and cornerstones).
Next session: April 6, 13 & 20, 6 to 9 pm
Participants in this class will recieve 15% off all supplies on the list of required items. After payment, you will be emailed instructions for preparing for this class.
In this class, you will learn:
- how to make 2-at-a-time HSTs
- the difference, and pitfalls, of different methods of making HSTs
- how to work with bias edges
- how to press for accuracy
- how to match points accurately
- how to deal with bulky seams
- how to make and attach sashing and cornerstones
Experience required for this class:
- you can operate your sewing machine, troubleshoot problems, and sew a consistent 1/4" seam, and strip-piece
- you can use a rotary cutter, ruler, and mat to cut fabrics accurately
- you can press seams accurately
- you can make and attach binding
- you can follow a quilt pattern, using diagrams for block and quilt top layout
- you can measure accurately for borders and attach them to your quilt top
- you can layer, baste, and mark a quilt sandwich; finish quilting, make & attach binding
If you are unsure of your skills, reach out to Rebecca at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss.
Click here to read the MQS Class Policies